Time Bandits

The new tv series Time Bandits premiered on AppleTV+ on July 24th. The show, created by Jemaine Clemente and Taika Waititi and starring Lisa Kudrow is a remake of 1981's dark fantasy epic of the same name directed by Terry Gilliam. The original film is currently streaming on MAX and here is my review.

The concept of this film is out of this world, and it features performances by John Cleese, Shelly Duvall, and Sean Connery. I liked how imaginative it was and thought it was cool every time the main characters entered a new time period. Other than that, I did not find this movie very enjoyable but rather a little boring and hard to follow. Therefore, I am giving this movie an overall rating of 5/10. 

This movie had a lot of potential but sadly did not execute in the story-telling department as well as I had hoped. My hope is that the reason was because they had too large of a story to tell in only 1 feature length film and that the show will do better. So far, I have enjoyed what I have seen. 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts