Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1

Last week Chapter 1 of Kevin Costner's four-part saga, Horizon, hit theaters and it is the best western this blogger has ever seen. I was excited to see this despite the fact that this project has pulled Costner away from his Yellowstone duties. 

This movie features superb storytelling and is supported by a stellar cast. I cannot wait to see what this western epic has in store for us as we are only at the very tip of the iceberg. One thing to keep in mind when watching this movie is that it is only chapter 1 of a 4-part saga. There is a lot of buildup and unlike most movies, there is no large climax at the end. Something tells me, however, that the best is yet to come and when all is said and done, I predict that this could go down as the greatest western story ever told. 

Despite the fact that this movie is mostly buildup for the rest of the saga, I absolutely loved it. I tend to be very critical of films that move at a slower pace, but this film never feels like it is dragging, despite a run time of over 3 hours. I give this movie a 9/10 rating and hope you get to see it as it is intended which is at the movie theaters like I did.

Comments

Popular Posts