Movie Club: The Bang Bang Club

My friends and I are all huge fans of movies so recently we decided to get together once a month or so to watch a movie and then discuss it, similar to a book club. This month's pick went to my friend Henry who chose 2010's bio drama The Bang Bang Club based on the true story of a group of combat photographers chronicling the final days of the apartheid in South Africa. The movie stars Ryan Phillippe, Malin Akerman, and Taylor Kitsch and was directed by Steven Silver.

Overall, my ranking for this movie is a 7/10. This is such an important story that was being told and it had potential to be really good, but I found it hard to stay engaged at times and was bored during good chunks of the film. The acting was very good, especially by Taylor Kitsch who I felt stole the show and I really enjoyed how "real" they made the scenes seem. I really appreciated this movie and the story that is told in the film, and I recommend giving it a watch. It is sometimes difficult to watch films that document the horrors and cruelties that plague human history, but it is also important to watch them so we can ensure that history does not repeat itself as it sadly so often does.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts