Unfrosted

Unfrosted is currently streaming on Netflix and, honestly, don't waste your time. The film focuses on the rival between Kellogg's and Post as they compete to create the next best breakfast item: a square breakfast pastry. It serves as Jerry Seinfeld's directorial debut, and we can clearly see that he truly shines while out of the director's chair.

This movie was so ridiculous and stupid that it almost worked.... almost. I was excited to see this because I (like basically everyone) love Jerry Seinfeld and think he is a comedic genius. Not to mention this movie sports an incredible cast lead by Seinfeld, Melissa McCarthy, and Jim Gaffigan. The performances by these three were very good which is a bright sport in an otherwise terrible movie. I mentioned earlier that I believe Seinfeld to be a comedic genius and my opinion has not been changed by just one movie, but wow this movie was so poorly written and barely funny, it's honestly shocking that he is credited as a writer. The premise was dumb, and the jokes miss on almost all accounts. They even go too far and become a bit offensive. Maybe I am being too sensitive, but I don't see why Thomas Lennon's character needed to be a Nazi or why Hugh Grant's character needed to emulate Jacob Chansley from the January 6th insurrection. 

All in all, I hated this movie and wish that I could get my hour and 37 minutes back. The best I can do is try and prevent others from wasting their time. I would watch Disney's Wish again before watching this another time. 

Comments

Popular Posts