A Family Affair

 A Family Affair starring Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron, and Joey King is now streaming on Netflix. The film is directed by Richard LaGravenese and follows Zara (King), who suddenly sees her work-life mix with her personal life in an unexpected way when her celebrity boss starts dating her mom. 

The premise of this film sounded funny enough, so my wife and I gave it a watch. In truth, the movie has some funny moments and keeps the story moving at a good pace, but overall, the movie is not that great. I really enjoyed Kidman's performance and Efron as a pre-Madonna movie star was very entertaining, but the writing in the movie was overall pretty bad. There were some scenes that did not really flow well with the film and the climax scene at the end was just stupid. 

I would consider this an enjoyably bad movie and if you are looking for a fun movie with some laughs but not a whole lot of anything else, I recommend checking this one out.

Comments

Popular Posts