Wish: Movie Review

On Wednesday, Disney's most recent musical, Wish, was released on Disney+. I was very excited to see this and wanted to see it in theaters but my wife said that we should wait until its streaming for free because "it didn't look that good." Per usual, she was right. Wow this movie was bad. However, it was not just bad, I would consider it the worst Disney movie that I have ever seen.......and I have seen Peter Pan & Wendy. This movie has to be considered one of Disney's biggest disappointments ever. Before I continue bashing this disaster of a movie, let's start with what I liked about the film: 

1. It has a great cast. 

 Ariana Debose voices our protagonist, Asha, and is joined by Chris Pine voicing our bad guy. Alan Tudyk, Victor Garber, Harvey Guillen and Evan Peters round out a very strong supporting cast.

2. The trailer for the film is really good. 

Like I said, I really wanted to see this in the theater because the trailer got me thinking that we were seeing the next Disney classic. I thought we were about to witness the next Frozen or Encanto, but it could not be further from the truth.

That's it. This movie sucks. It is very disappointing and shocking, especially for a film company like Disney, that the only things I like about the movie is it's cast and it's trailer. What is even more shocking is who directed this horrible excuse for a film: Chris Buck (previous directing credits include: Tarzan, Frozen, and Frozen II). It was also written by Jennifer Lee who is responsible for writing such great films as Wreck-It Ralph, and Frozen. She also contributed to the story of Zootopia

There was not a single part of this movie that I enjoyed. The graphics were terrible and it looked like we were watching the story mode of a 2010 computer game rather than a major motion picture. Not a single joke landed and the music was awful. It seems like all of the things that we have grown to expect from an animated Disney musical were missing or fell woefully short. Even the villain wasn't good! 

This is not only the worst Disney movie I have ever seen, but I list this as one of the worst movies I have ever seen period. 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts