Madame Web: Movie Review

Hello,

My wife and I just got back from seeing Madame Web, directed by S.J. Clarkson and starring Dakota Johnson. The movie serves as the fourth installment of the Sony Spider-Man Universe joining Venom, Venom: Let there be Carnage, and Morbius. Currently sporting an embarrassing 3.8/10 average iMDB score, Madame Web is the worst rated superhero movie since 2004's Catwoman which scored a 3.4/10. So, as you can imagine, our expectations were pretty low when we went to see this. 

Truth be told, this movie is not as bad as the reviews may have you believe. I do not know if I feel this way because of how low my expectations were, or if it truly is not that bad. Either way, I found the movie enjoyable. Of course, it did have some faults. There were times where the story became chaotic, and some things happened that did not make any sense. No to mention that the final scene in the movie was downright stupid. I felt that the movie did provide some good action sequences and the performances by the main cast members were very good. It had a good villain and some great side characters as well.

Madame Web is being talked about as if it is the worst movie ever made when it should really be talked about as an "okay" movie. It is still in theaters and I recommend checking it out so you can make your own opinion like my wife and I did. 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts