Razzie Nominations for year ending 2023

 Hello!

In my last post, I shared with you which movies I felt deserved Oscar nominations. The list that I created was based on movies that I have seen this year. If I had not seen the film, it was not added to the list.

Now that you know which films I felt were among the best of the best, now it is time for me to share with you what films I believe were the WORST of the WORST this year. This idea was given to me by one of my many (at least 3) readers. Similar to the previous list, these are strictly my opinions and I will only include movies that I have seen. I have labeled the winners with **. 

 1. Worst Picture

Gary Goetzman, Tom Hanks, and Rita Wilson for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

Michael Bay, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Duncan Henderson, Don Murphy, and Mark Vahradian for Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Jim Whitaker for Peter Pan & Wendy

Elizabeth Banks, Brian Duffield, Max Handelman, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Aditya Sood for Cocaine Bear**

Belle Avery and Lorenzo di Bonaventura for Meg 2: The Trench


2. Worst Director

 Nia Vardalos for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3**

Elizabeth Banks for Cocaine Bear

Ben Wheatley for Meg 2: The Trench

Adrian Grunberg for The Black Demon

Steven Caple Jr. for Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

3. Worst Actor

Josh Lucas for The Black Demon

Jude Law for Peter Pan & Wendy**

Dennis Quaid for On a Wing and a Prayer

Jason Statham for Meg 2: The Trench

Ed Helmes for Family Switch

4. Worst Actress

Nia Vardalos for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3**

Jennifer Garner for Family Switch

Keri Russell for Cocaine Bear

Jane Fonda for Book Club: The Next Chapter

Haley Lu Richardson for Love at First Sight

5. Worst Supporting Actor

Jon Cena for Vacation Friends 2

George Lopez for Blue Beetle

Ben Schwartz for Renfield**

John Corbett for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

The Bear for Cocaine Bear

6. Worst Supporting Actress

Becky G for Blue Beetle

Heather Graham for On a Wing and a Prayer

Awkwafina for Renfield**

Iman Vellani for The Marvels

Andrea Martin for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

7. Worst Remake/Ripoff/Sequel

Gary Goetzman, Tom Hanks, and Rita Wilson for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3**

Michael Bay, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Duncan Henderson, Don Murphy, and Mark Vahradian for Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Belle Avery and Lorenzo di Bonaventura for Meg 2: The Trench**

Stuart M. Besser and Todd Garner for Vacation Friends 2

Zakaria Alaoui, Simon Emanuel, Kathleen Kennedy, and Frank Marshall for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

 (I had to make this one a tie because I could not decide which one was worse)

8. Worst Screenplay 

Nia Vardalos for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

Jimmy Warden for Cocaine Bear

Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber, and Dean Georgaris for Meg 2: The Trench** (3 screenwriters and THIS is what they came up with?!) 

Bradley Cooper and Josh Singer for Maestro

Boise Esquerra for The Black Demon

9. Razzie Redeemer Award 

Zac Efron for The Iron Claw**

Robert Downey Jr. for Oppenheimer

Ben Affleck for Air

Thank you! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts