Night Swim: Movie review

Hello!

Tonight, my friends and I saw the new horror movie, Night Swim. This film stars Wyatt Russell as ex pro baseball player Ray Waller whose family moves into a new home after he is forced into an early retirement due to illness. He and his family believe that they have found the perfect home, until some sinister events start taking place around the in-ground pool. The film was directed by Bryce McGuire and written by McGuire and Rod Blackhurst.  It is based off of a short film of the same name that they wrote together in 2014.

I think what really made this movie enjoyable for me was the way that it was shot. Bryce McGuire used many camera angles that made it feel like you were also swimming in the pool which I felt added to the horror of the film. Additionally, I enjoyed the overall message that the film was sending. This film was not just about a family that has some issues with a pool, it has an underlying message about the importance of family and the sacrifices you need to make for the ones you love......or at the expense of those you love. The fact that the main character is a pro baseball player fed nicely into this message as many pro athletes, especially baseball players, often have to make many sacrifices, sometimes at the expense of those that they love. 

This film had everything a good summer horror film needs and it deserves more hype than it is getting. Yes I said summer because I believe this film would have been better received had it been released a little later in the year. If you are looking for a fun horror film with just the right amount of scary, I recommend going to see Night Swim.

Thanks for reading! If you have read some of my posts (and liked them), please share with your friends! 

Comments

Popular Posts