Apartment 7A

Apartment 7A, the prequel to 1968's classic film, Rosemary's Baby, released directly to streaming on Paramount+ this past Friday. The film is directed by Natalie Erika James and sports a stellar cast including Julia Garner, Dianne Wiest, Jim Sturgess, and Kevin McNally. Apartment 7A follows a struggling dancer (Garner) who finds herself at the mercy of the same satanic cult that Rosemary gets mixed up with in the original.

This movie has gotten terrible reviews, and I do not know why. We see apartment 7A briefly in the original movie and I think it was so cool the way that they tied this film together with the original. This film was very well written and will be enjoyed by anyone who is a fan of the original story. I also very much enjoyed the choreography and implementation of the art of dance. I felt that they did a good job of honoring the original while making it their own story at the same time. The acting performances by all involved were very good, especially by Dianne Wiest and Kevin McNally who played Minnie and Roman Castevet respectfully. What stood out to me most of all was Julia Garner's performance. Every time she was on screen, all I could think was "wow." Her performance truly is amazing, and I hope she gets the recognition that she deserves. 

Apartment 7A is a great addition to the Rosemary's Baby storyline and I strongly recommend checking it out on Paramount+. I urge you not to listen to the negative reviews and watch it for yourself and form your own opinions. 

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts