Borderlands

This afternoon I went to see the new video game movie, Borderlands, despite the atrocious reviews it has been receiving. Based off the successful video game and written and directed by Eli Roth, this movie features an all-star cast including Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Edgar Ramirez, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Jack Black. It debuted on August 9th sporting a 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes which I honestly did not know could happen. I wonder, however, if that score will ultimately help this movie though due to people like me deciding to go see if it really is "that bad."

I am happy to say that the movie is not really "that bad." Now, I won't go as far as saying that the movie is necessarily good, but I enjoyed myself while watching it and found it pleasantly entertaining. Full disclosure, I did not play the video game, and I have heard that many people who enjoyed the movie did not either. My suggestion to those who did play the game is to try your hardest to keep the movie and the game separate.

My overall rating for Borderlands is a 6/10 and I consider it a fun summer movie with a lot of violence and some funny one-liners here and there from Jack Black. 

Comments

Popular Posts