Damsel: Movie Review

Hello, 

Damsel, the new fantasy action movie starring Millie Bobby Brown, is now streaming on Netflix. My wife and I watched this over the weekend and I would classify it as perfectly fine. That is to say that I did not think it was good or bad, but more just forgettable. I do not regret seeing it, but I will most likely never see or think about it again after I finish this review. 

Like I said, I did not think that this was a bad movie. I have enjoyed everything that Millie Bobby Brown has been in (minus perhaps Godzilla: King of Monsters) and she delivered a perfectly fine performance, as did her costars Robin Wright, Ray Winstone, and Angela Bassett. The movie follows Elodie (Bobby Brown) who is tricked into marrying into a family of monarchs who use her as bait to settle a debt with a dragon. It is a cool story that focuses on themes of class revenge.

So far, everyone I have talked to about this film enjoyed it. I wish that I liked it more, but as I said, I felt that it was just ok. I recommend giving it a shot on Netflix and comment below on your thoughts. 

Thanks for reading and don't forget to share my page with someone who you think will enjoy reading my reviews.

Comments

Popular Posts