All of Us Strangers: Movie Review

Hello,

The other night, my friends and I watched the new romantic drama All of Us Strangers based loosely off of Taichi Yamada's novel Strangers. It is written and directed by Andrew Haigh and stars Andrew Scott as a gay man living in London and struggling with loneliness and the grief of losing both of his parents at a young age.

If I am being honest, I struggled trying to figure out what I wanted to write in this blog about All of Us Strangers. I think the reason why I struggled is because I wanted to make sure I portrayed exactly how the movie made me feel, without giving too much away at the same time. Most movies have various components of relatability but this one did not, and yet, I loved it all the same. The way this film was written and filmed made me feel so strongly for the protagonist that I found myself feeling what he felt. You can tell that a film is well written and directed when you as the viewer are transported into the world of the main character and actually start to feel what they feel and experience what they experience. Another thing that really got me was the acting performances. Specifically, that of Andrew Scott who delivered one of the best performances I have ever seen (and he did not even get nominated for an Oscar which is a rant for a different post).

This movie will rock you down to your very core (unless of course you don't have a soul). If you are a fan of great screenwriting and incredible acting, I highly suggest giving All of Us Strangers a view. 

Thanks!!

Comments

  1. Nice review! It made me laugh at the end. I will have to check out All of Us Strangers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts