Killers of the Flower Moon: Movie Review

Hello,

As of Friday, January 12th, Martin Scorsese's epic film about the systematic murders of the Osage people that happened in Osage County, Oklahoma between the 1910s and 1930s, is now streaming on AppleTV+. The film stars now Golden Globe winner and soon to be Oscar nominee Lily Gladstone alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, but it doesn't stop there. Jesse Plemons, Tantoo Cardinal, John Lithgow, and even Brendan Fraser rounds out this truly stellar cast. As you can imagine with a cast like this, and a legendary director such as Scorsese behind the camera, there are truly some magnificent performances in this film with Gladstone and De Niro stealing the show. 

As is my habit (probably a bad one), once I find out that a film is based on a true story, I instantly take to the internet to find out how historically accurate the film is. I am happy to report that Killers of the Flower Moon stays historically accurate to the true story that it is based upon. This may be one of the things that I enjoyed most about this film because a story like this needs to be told and told correctly. 

My only critique of the film is that 3 hours and 26 minutes is too long of a movie. I have always believed that a story can be effectively told in under 3 hours. Of course, I would have been naive if I did not think that a DiCaprio movie, especially one directed by Scorsese, would be anything if not well over 3 hours long. All that being said I believe that it is well worth the time to see this.

Thank you and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts