Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

I finally got the chance to see Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga and I honestly do not know what I was waiting for because this movie is awesome! Directed by George Miller, this dystopian action epic is a prequel to 2015's Mad Max: Fury Road, which Miller also directed. In fact, George Miller has directed every single Mad Max movie since the beginning, a rare feat that is probably the reason why every film in the franchise has been so good. In this installment, we get to see Furiosa's origin story before she teamed up with Max.

This movie was an epically awesome ride from the very beginning. It is rare, but sometimes a movie is so well made that when it is over, it makes you just sit back and say "wow." I felt that way after seeing Godzilla Minus One and Dune: Part II and I felt that way after seeing this. Every aspect of this film was basically perfect. I loved the directing style which has held true from the first Mad Max film in the 70s and Anya Taylor Joy's performance was one of her best, but I felt that it was all the aspects that normally go underappreciated that really made this film great for me. Composer Tom Holkenborg wrote a beautiful score that sets the tone in the whole movie and production designer Colin Gibson helped create the magnificently formidable world of the wastelands. Gibson won his first Oscar for Fury Road, and he very well may win his second for Furiosa

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga takes you to a totally different world and is jam packed with action and drama and his sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. My only regret is not seeing it in theaters.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts