Slingshot

Last night my friends and I attended AMC theater's Screen Unseen where you pay $5, and you get to see a movie that has not yet been released. The catch: you don't know what the movie is until it starts. The only clues you receive are the rating and the length of the film. The movie behind the screen unseen last night was the upcoming sci-fi thriller Slingshot directed by Mikael Hafstrom and starring Casey Affleck and Laurence Fishburne. The movie follows three astronauts who have been selected to pioneer a path to Saturn's moon Titan to see if human life can be sustained there. As the voyage progresses, strange things begin to happen to the ship and its crew, and everyone struggles to maintain their grip on reality.

I thought I was going to like this movie but in actuality I loved this movie! It takes a little while for the story to get going, but once it does, it is non-stop right until the end. I found it to be very captivating and had me on the edge of my seat and there were so many twists and turns that I truly had no idea what was going to happen next. The performances delivered by both Affleck and Fishburne were superb but what stood out most to me was how unique this film is. In a lot of space sci-fi thrillers, it is usually very clear to the audience who or what the bad guy or main problem is; in the Alien movies the bad guy is the alien, in Gravity, the problem is that they are lost in space, but in Slingshot, it is not exactly clear who or what is the main cause of the problem. The result was a thoroughly enjoyable movie experience. 

Slingshot is set to hit theaters this Friday and I hope you go and see it. I really enjoyed it and hope that you will too!

Comments

Popular Posts