Love Lies Bleeding

Last week, Love Lies Bleeding starring Kristen Stewart and Katy O'Brian hit streaming on MAX. Directed and co-written by Rose Glass, the film also features Dave Franco and Ed Harris and tells the story of Lou (Stewart) who falls in love with bodybuilder Jackie (O'Brian).

This movie tells an unconventional love story of love and violence and had a lot of potential to be great. Unfortunately, I felt that the movie fell short of reaching its potential. I enjoyed the uniqueness of the story and appreciated the symbolism of Jackie's muscles growing when she was in a protective state, but there was just something lacking which makes this just simply an "ok" movie. Sometimes there is no concrete reason why you like or dislike a film. The acting was very good, especially by Kristen Stewart whom I felt stole the show. I just felt like the story was difficult to follow and stay engaged in at times.

Despite my not liking this movie very much I believe that it was not a bad movie, and I give it an overall rating of 6/10. 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts