Army of Darkness

Last night, my friend and I met up at Buttonwoods Brewery in Providence to attend PVD Horror nights hosted by PVD Horror. Every month or so, this group hosts a movie night at this brewery where patrons get a chance to enjoy some good beer, good food from The Screaming Unicorn, and a cult classic horror movie. The movie feature for last night was 1992's Army of Darkness directed by Sam Raimi and starring Bruce Campbell. If you are a fan of horror and live in the Providence area, I highly recommend checking out PVD Horror as well as Nowhere Comix who does a lot of the art for their events, including unique one-of-a-kind posters to accompany the feature. I had such a good time at this event. The food was awesome, and The Screaming Unicorn even created an Army of Darkness themed menu to accompany the film. The horror community is new to me, and I absolutely love it. 

It helps too that the movie itself was really good. This is one of the funniest and most enjoyable movies I have watched in a long time. It is so silly and over the top and the one-liners delivered by Campbell are comedic gold. However, the movie is not all camp. Within all the silliness is an actual story about the battle between good and evil, sometimes even between good Ash and bad Ash! There is really nothing to dislike about this movie. It is pure fun on so many levels and if you can find it, I highly recommend checking this one out.

This was my second time attending PVD Horror nights and I will 100% be attending more. Be sure to follow them on Instagram and TikTok for more events. 

Comments

Popular Posts