The Machine

The Machine is currently streaming on Netflix and it is one wild ride! Inspired by a popular bit performed by comedian, Bert Kreischer, this action-packed comedy is sure to bring lots of laughs. A good friend of mine first introduced me to Kreischer's comedy a few years ago when we went to see him live in Detroit. During the show, Kreischer told the story of how he earned the nickname "The Machine" so you can imagine the excitement I felt when I heard this movie was coming out. For those of you who are unfamiliar of this tale, I highly recommend checking out his comedy specials which can be found also on Netflix. For now, all you need to know is that when he was younger, he accidentally got involved with the Russian mob. 

The story follows Bert (Kreischer) and his dad (played by Mark Hamil) who are kidnapped by the Russian mob and brought to Russia to locate items that Bert had stolen last time he was in Russia. There were moments of the film that were a little dull and I felt that the writing was a little self-righteous. Overall, however, this movie was hilarious, and I found myself laughing out loud which was a problem considering the fact that I watched the movie on my train ride home from work. Additionally, Mark Hamil's performance as Bert's dad was magnificent. I read that Kreischer and Hamil got along very well during filming which was no surprise at all given how great their chemistry was. 

If you are in the mood for a ridiculous yet also heartfelt comedy, look no further than The Machine on Netflix.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts