Awake (2007)

Hi there!

Up until now I have only reviewed films and series' that were recently released and never a movie that was released pre-2023. Well, that stops now because the other night, I came home from hanging out with some friends to find my wife just putting on 2007's medical thriller Awake. I had never seen it before and was excited to give it a watch and since it is available streaming on FreeVee, I figured I will give it a review.

Written and directed by Joby Harold, Awake stars Hayden Christensen as Clay, a wealthy man who finds himself in quite a predicament when he remains conscious while undergoing a heart surgery. If that isn't enough, he happens to overhear his surgeons planning to murder him! This movie had some thrilling moments and featured Jessica Alba as Clay's fiancĂ©. Unfortunately, other than that, this movie was not that good. My rating for this movie is a 5.0/10 which means that I don't regret seeing it, but I won't go as far as to recommend it. The concept is pretty cool but the poor acting by all involved just took me out of the story completely. That being said, the movie could have been way worse....it was almost titled "Autopse-Me." 

All in all this was not the worst movie I have ever seen. It actually is not even the worst movie titled Awake that I have ever seen. If you are in the mood to waste an hour and a half, check out the 2021 Netflix film of the same name which stars Gina Rodriguez. Back to THIS Awake. The movie was not a flop and did pretty good in the box office when it came out, so maybe I am wrong, and the movie is not as bad as I am saying it is. 

Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular Posts