Kung Fu Panda 4: Movie Review

 Hi!

Last week, I went to see Kung Fu Panda 4, the newest installment following the adventures of Po, the Panda Dragon Warrior. Like the previous 3 movies before this one, Kung Fu Panda 4 features a stellar cast lead by the awesomely funny Jack Black. Dustin Hoffman, Bryan Cranston, and Ian McShane all reprise their roles from earlier installments and are joined by franchise newcomers Awkwafina, Ke Huy Quan, and Viola Davis. The film is also directed by Mike Mitchell who is responsible for such hit films as Sky High, Shrek Forever After, and Trolls.

When I heard that this movie was being made I was both very excited and very nervous. I am a huge fan of this franchise and loved the first three movies so I was excited that it was getting another installment. On the other hand, however, I was very nervous because I did not want them to ruin the franchise by not letting it end. There are many, many franchises that have been ruined because the producers just could not let it die. One example that I can think of this happening to is the The Walking Dead franchise (seven different TV series' and counting with movies on the way). I loved the original series and admittedly have watched and enjoyed most of the shows that have come after it, but at what point will it end? It needs to end! 

Anyhow, back to the subject of this blog. I am very happy to say that the Kung Fu Panda franchise is far from ruined. Kung Fu Panda 4 takes you back to the Valley of Peace where we find Po struggling with the knowledge that he cannot remain the Dragon Warrior forever and, he is also challenged by a shapeshifting Chameleon (Davis) who is hell bent on being the greatest master of kung fu ever, no matter the cost. This movie has everything; suspense, laughs, (another) awesome villain, and even some lessons are learned along the way. Not to mention a rendition of  Britney Spears' "....Baby One More Time" performed by Tenacious D that can only be described as AWESOME! 

I absolutely loved this movie and I hope you do too. Skadoosh!

Comments

Popular Posts