Dune Part 2: Movie Review

Hello,

Earlier this week, my friends and I went to see the new epic Dune: Part Two directed by Denis Villeneuve and based off of the book by Frank Herbert. Before reading further, please know that I myself am NOT a die-hard Dune fan. I haven't read the books and I did not see the 1984 version directed by David Lynch (although I plan to) and I did not even like 2021's Dune all that much. All that being said, I was very excited to see this movie and my friends and I knew we needed to see it in theaters in IMAX.

This movie did not disappoint. It actually exceeded my expectations and even made me appreciate the first movie more. It has been quite a while since I saw a movie in theaters where I was nervous to go to the bathroom for fear of missing anything but, with this movie, I didn't want to miss a thing! The story-telling was brilliant and had me on the edge of my seat during the entirety of the movie's 2 hours and 46 minutes of run time. In the past, I have been critical of movie's having very long run times, but in this case, I found myself wishing that the movie would never end.  The film featured an all-star cast lead by Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya. It is hard to pin-point who delivered the best performance but I have to say that Austin Butler's performance as the psychotic Feyd-Rautha was chilling and beautifully raw. It was not just the acting that made this movie so great. The film editing and sound mixing tied the film together and helped make it the spectacle that it truly is. The original score for the movie was created by the legendary Hans Zimmer who will likely win his 3rd Oscar for this film (he previously won for The Lion King and Dune). All this, coupled with the stunning visual effects and direction by Denis Villeneuve made this a movie worth seeing again and again.

I hope you get a chance to see this movie while it is in theaters. If you can, I highly recommend seeing it in IMAX.

Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Popular Posts