Hazbin Hotel - TV Show Review

 Hi,

A week or so ago, I stumbled upon the new animated dark comedy, Hazbin Hotel on Prime. This show stems from a viral pilot that was released exclusively to YouTube back in 2019 and was greenlit as in August 2020. It follows Charlie Morningstar, daughter of Lucifer Morningstar, as she opens a hotel to try and prove that even those damned in hell can be rehabilitated and redeemed. The show was created by content creator, Vivienne Medrano, and is a spinoff of YouTube hit tv show, Helluva Boss.

If I am being honest, I was not sure that I was going to like this show. At first glance, it looked pretty weird, and I was worried that it was going to focus too much on being raunchy rather than telling a story. An example of what I'm talking about is Little Demon or Grimsberg (both of which I lasted about 5 minutes watching before I needed to turn it off and take a shower). But I decided to take a chance on this show figuring if it sucked, I can always just turn it off and watch something better. Man am I glad I gave this show a chance! Not only does it tell a great story (and not going to lie there is quite a bit of raunchiness), but it also mixes in a soundtrack that can only be classified as fire. This show is so weel written and includes a great cast of characters. I was really glad to see that it was picked up for a second season because I feel that the possibilities are endless. I cannot wait to see what happens in season 2!

What I enjoy most about this show is its uniqueness. From the storytelling to the animation style, I have not seen any show like this and I definitely plan to watch anything that Vivienne Medrano comes out with in the future. If you are looking for a fun show that is different from anything you've seen before and with an absolute banger of a soundtrack, I recommend checking out Hazbin Hotel now streaming on Prime.

Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts