ted: series review

Hello,

On January 11th, Peacock released all episodes of the new miniseries; ted, the most recent follow up to Seth MacFarlane's hit film series of the same name starring MacFarlane and Mark Wahlberg. The show takes place in the early 90s after Ted the bear's fame has worn off, but well before the events of the first Ted movie. This story gives us a glimpse of Ted and John Bennett's relationship before John became an adult. Max Burkholder plays young John Bennett while Seth MacFarlane reprises his role as Ted and the show features many alum from MacFarlane's previous shows: Scott Grimes (The Orville, American Dad!, & Family Guy), Penny Johnson Jerald (The Orville), Julius Sharpe (Family Guy), Mike Henry (Family Guy, American Dad!, & The Cleveland Show), and many others!

I am a big fan of Seth MacFarlane's work; from his hit shows like Family Guy & The Orville (still not over that show being cancelled by the way), to his movies like A Million Ways to Die in the West and the Ted series. As you can imagine, I was very excited when I heard that this show was coming out and I had very high expectations. Now, sometimes starting a show with high expectations is a recipe for disappointment. Thankfully, however, it was not the case for this show. It completely blew away my highest expectations and I found myself texting friends and family imploring them to watch it. ted has everything: great story, classic MacFarlane-esque comedy, and brilliant performances (specifically by Scott Grimes and Alanna Ubach). It is an easy watch that is sure to entertain. I found myself being disappointed when I had finished it and saw that it will be a one-and-done show. If you are a fan of Seth MacFarlane's other work, and you feel like literally cackling with laughter (just ask my wife), I highly recommend ted, now streaming on Peacock.

Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts