Role Play: Movie review

 Hello,


The other night, my wife and I watched the new action/romance, Role Play, which released on Prime this past Friday. Kaley Cuoco stars as Emma; a contract killer by night and a devoted mother and wife by day, and David Oyelowo plays the loving husband who is completely in the dark about what his wife (Cuoco) really does for a living.

I really enjoyed this movie, which is in contrast to a lot of negative reviews that I have read. Similar to my review on Lift, I do not think Role Play is going to be a contender for any award shows. However, whether or not a movie will win any awards should never determine how good it is. How you feel when watching the movie should determine how good it is. For the entire 1 hour and 40 minutes of this movie, I was entertained. The story kept me engaged and the chemistry between Cuoco and Oyelowo was very good. The fact that Cuoco had good chemistry with her co-star should come as a surprise to no one. Looking back at her previous roles (Meet Cute with Pete Davidson, The Flight Attendant with Zosia Mamet, The Big Bang Theory with the entire cast), Cuoco has the ability to exhibit excellent chemistry with all of her co-stars and bring the best out of them. This fact and this fact alone makes me believe that Kaley Cuoco is one of the most underrated female leads in all of Hollywood, if not THE most underrated female lead.

If you are in the mood for an action packed fun film, I recommend Role Play, now streaming on Prime Video.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts