Echo: New Marvel show Review

 Hello,


I just finished the new Marvel show, Echo, and I hate to admit that I did not like it very much. The newest addition to the Marvel Universe was released to Disney+ on Tuesday and is a spin-off of Hawkeye. It centers around the titular character, played by Alaqua Cox, who has come home and is forced to face her past. The series also features a strong supporting cast including Graham Greene and Vincent D'Onofrio. 

My overall rating of this show is a 6/10; not great, but also not awful. The show featured fantastic performances from the entire cast, especially by Cox and D'Onofrio, and it does a very good job of honoring and educating the viewer on Native American heritage. The reason why this show did not receive a higher rating from me is because the story was severely lacking. There were times throughout the show that were disengaging and flat out boring. I also found times where I was confused on who the main baddy was; Kingpin (D'Onofrio) or Zane (Andrew Howard).  

All that being said, please don't let this negative review sway your decision on whether or not to watch this show. As I have said before, this is purely my opinion. Give the show a watch and see what you think!

Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts