Anyone But You: Movie Review

 Hello,

My wife and I just got back from the movie theaters after watching the new rom-com, Anyone But You. This film stars Sydney Sweeney alongside Glen Powell and sports a strong supporting cast featuring the likes of Dermot Mulroney and Michelle Hurd. 

The movie was written by Llana Wolpert making her feature film screenplay debut and Will Gluck who also directed it. This was not Gluck's first feature as he is responsible for writing and directing Friends with Benefits  which came out in 2011 and starred Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake. I also saw that movie in theaters and one similarity between Friends with Benefits and Anyone But You is the amazing chemistry that the two leads had. Before seeing Anyone But You, my wife told me about rumors that Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney were/are dating in real life. Of course, this is a true testament how well they both work together and how good of actors they are.

This film was fun and engaging right from the start and I found myself rooting for them to end up together in the end. A feat that is hard to accomplish when you are making a rom-com. This is a very well done film that has some tender moments mixed in with a healthy amount of sexy. This film is still in theaters and I strongly recommend going to see it.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts